In this article, the legal status of energy managers in Turkey will be discussed.
Energy managers are professionals who are responsible for developing and implementing energy management plans for businesses and organizations. They work to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy costs.
In Turkey, the legal status of energy managers are regulated by the Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources. The ministry has issued a number of codes and directives that govern the qualifications and responsibilities of energy managers.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE AN ENERGY MANAGERS?
To become an energy manager in Turkey, individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, natural sciences, or a related field.
- Have at least five years of experience in energy management.
- Pass a certification exam administered by the Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources.
Once certified, energy managers are responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct energy audits to identify areas where energy can be saved.
- Develop and implement energy management plans.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of energy management plans.
- Provide training and education on energy efficiency to employees.
WHAT ARE THE REGULATIONS IN TÜRKİYE FOR THEM?
Energy managers play an important role in helping businesses and organizations reduce their energy costs and improve their environmental performance. The Turkish government is committed to promoting energy efficiency, and energy managers are a key part of this effort.
The Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources has issued a number of codes and directives that govern the qualifications and responsibilities of energy managers. These codes and directives include:
- The Energy Efficiency Regulation (EER), which sets forth the requirements for energy managers and energy management plans.
- The Energy Management System Standard (EN 16001), which is an international standard that provides a framework for developing and implementing an energy management system.
- The Energy Efficiency Training Program, which provides training on energy efficiency and energy management to individuals who want to become certified energy managers.
These codes and directives ensure that energy managers in Turkey are qualified and competent to perform their duties. They also help to ensure that energy management plans are effective in reducing energy costs and improving environmental performance.
BENEFITS OF ENERGY MANAGEMENT
There are a number of benefits to hiring an energy manager. Energy managers can help businesses and organizations to:
- Reduce energy costs.
- Improve environmental performance.
- Increase employee morale.
- Attract and retain customers.
- Comply with government regulations.
The benefits of energy management can be significant. For example, a study by the U.S. Department of Energy found that businesses that implemented energy management plans saved an average of 20% on their energy bills.
IS HIRING ENERGY MANAGER MUST FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND BUSINESSES IN TURKEY?
According to the Energy Efficiency Regulation (EER) of Turkey, organizations and businesses must hire energy managers in the following conditions:
- Have a total installed electrical power capacity of more than 500 kilowatts (kW).
- Have an annual energy consumption of more than 5,000 megawatt-hours (MWh).
- Are located in a region that has been designated as a “special energy-intensive region” by the Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources.
Organizations and businesses that are required to hire energy managers must do so within six months of becoming subject to the regulation. The energy manager must be a certified energy manager who has met the requirements of the EER.
The energy manager is responsible for developing and implementing an energy management plan for the organization or business. The plan must include measures to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy costs. The energy manager must also monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
As mentioned above, the EER provides a number of benefits for organizations and businesses that hire energy managers. These benefits include:
- Reduced energy costs.
- Improved environmental performance.
- Increased employee morale.
- Attracted and retained customers.
- Compliance with government regulations.
The EER is a significant step forward in Turkey’s efforts to promote energy efficiency. By requiring organizations and businesses to hire energy managers, the government is helping to ensure that energy is used more efficiently and that the country’s energy resources are conserved.
If you have any further questions about how to be certified as energy manager in Turkey or what are the detailed requirements for hiring energy manager for your businesses in Turkey, you can contact us via phone number indicated below or mail.
You can click the link to browse our other articles.
Legal Intern Ömer Faruk KILIÇ
Att. Muhittin KURNAZ
Follow us on Social Media